<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://readeroffictions.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
A Reader of Fictions: On My New Arrivals Shelf (69)

A Reader of Fictions

Book Reviews for Just About Every Kind of Book

Saturday, August 31, 2013

On My New Arrivals Shelf (69)

Dear friends, I miss vlogging. However, I am too lazy to try my webcam again and have it fail me, because my tears. Also, I'll have to work myself up to purchasing a more costly webcam that will hopefully last longer than a few months. So, enjoy my exposition in word form.


For Review
What Goes Around - Courtney Summers: Check back soon for a giveaway of What Goes Around. Trust me, you want this, because Courtney Summers is DA best. Dear St. Martin's Press, I am thrilled with this omnibus and will be fitting it in as soon as I can!
Antigoddess (Goddess War #1) - Kendare Blake: YES. I totally didn't think I was going to get this, but then it came and I danced around with it. By the way, the feather on the hardback cover feels like a feather, which is majorly trippy. Tor Teen, thank you for this pretty and I am excited to start it this weekend!

Gifted
Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood - Abby McDonald: Lol, this should be fun, because April put a note on it saying she hopes I like it more than she does and that does not happen all that often. BUT WHO KNOWS, RIGHT? Anyway, thanks April (Good Books and Wine) for sending this one!

Purchased
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry - : Went to Goodwill yesterday and bought books and shirts and a dress. This is such a new one to be at Goodwill, but hurrah for me!
Nothing Like You - Lauren Strasnick: I enjoyed Then You Were Gone, so when I saw this one at Goodwill, I snapped it up.
The Orchid House - Lucinda Riley: Dudes! This one was on my Amazon wishlist, but then I found it at Goodwill in great condition, so winning!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Grace Fonseca said...

Anti-Goddess was an excellent read. I was fortunate enough to have picked up a copy at BEA. You have had a wonderful month.

Grace
Books of Love
http://gracebooksoflove.com

August 31, 2013 at 12:23 AM  
Blogger Blythe Harris said...

IT FEELS LIKE A FUCKING FEATHER I SERIOUSLY CAN'T

Also, let me know what you think of Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood. I have zero interest in it, but the author wrote Dangerous Girls, which is absolutely outstanding, so I want to know if her other books are as good.

August 31, 2013 at 12:24 AM  
Blogger Megan R said...

Antigoddess sounds so good. I hope you love it!

August 31, 2013 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Alexia Boesen said...

Seriously I wish I could hate you. I really, really do but I can't. That said, I am so envious that you got Antigoddess. I've heard amazing things about this book.

Happy reading!

August 31, 2013 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger alicia♥ said...

I haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake but WOW, Antigoddess have me hooked with its mysterious aura and so many cool supernatural things going on! From all the hype this has been receiving, I sure have high hopes for it :) Hope you'll enjoy reading all these books and I look forward to your thoughts!

Alicia @ Summer Next Top Story

August 31, 2013 at 4:51 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

Well I guess I just need to order a copy of Antigoddess - because as well as loving Kendare Blake, I MUST FEEL THE FEATHER. In fact, I shall order it right now.



August 31, 2013 at 5:41 AM  
Blogger Lili said...

Very curious to see your thoughts on ANTIGODDES! I AM DESPERATELY WANTING TO FEEL THE FEATHER NOW!

August 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These all looks so beautiful! And I'm curious about the feather actually feeling like a feather because birds are evil. Yes they are. Have fun reading - whenever you get around to the books! :D

August 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM  
Blogger fakesteph said...

Now that you've shared that little tidbit about the Anti-Godess cover, I am going to have to buy this!

August 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Anti-Goddess! I'm looking forward to read that book. Enjoy your haul and happy reading :D
New Follower here

-Dannielle
http://bookwhales.blogspot.com/

August 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Natalie @Natflix&Books said...

I'm definitely excited to read Anti-Goddess and What Goes Around. I love Goodwill. I hit up my local one last Saturday and got all kinds of good clothes for less than $40. Including a pair of Anne Taylor pants with the $60 price tag still on them! I always look to see what books they have, too. Great haul this week!
Natflix&Books' StS

August 31, 2013 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger Lynn K. said...

FEATHERY TEXTURE?! Do want! Too bad we'll only get the UK or Intl edition here.

September 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooh, Antigoddess. JEALOUS (in a happy way.) So cool about the texture on the feather. :D

Happy reading, girlie!

September 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Kara_Malinczak said...

So jealous of your copy of What Goes Around! I wish I had gotten that one, but I did get Antigoddess so I am not bitching TOO much.

I hope you like The Orchid House. The writing style bothered me and I had to DNF. Maybe you will have better luck?

September 4, 2013 at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Every comment is appreciated and I will almost always respond, because I love conversing about books!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home